Nestled in-between a hair salon and a vintage shop on a quiet street in Hackney, just north of London Fields and behind the Hackney Empire, you’ll find The Wilton Way Café, a coffee-fuelled hub for the local creative community that is home to London Fields Radio.
Local design duo The Dog and Wardrobe have brought a happy marriage of modern and reclaimed materials to the café, offering something a little different from the usual café interior, with an emphasis on the quirky yet relaxed and comfortable. The walls double as a gallery for local artistic talent, curated by café manager Eleni Thoma, and London Fields Radio’s diverse programming supports continues the café’s links to the local community from a DJ booth in situ.
We serve smooth Antipodean flat white coffee using a seasonal blend of roasted beans from local roasters Climpson & Sons on nearby Broadway Market and tasty, simple food inspired by our favourite cafés throughout the world with ingredients that are as local and as fresh as possible, whether chorizo from Brindisa in Borough, cheese from Neal’s Yard or cakes from our good friend the Melza Bean Bakery.
Favorites on the menu – from the imagination of Hackney’s Barista Mafia – include our organic bircher muesli with apple, honey and Greek yoghurt, local classics like avocado on sourdough toast with chilli, grilled chorizo ciabatta with piquillo peppers, and grilled Portobello mushrooms on garlic toast with Herefordshire goat’s cheese. They all complement our delicious selection of coffees, including our infamous flat white blend.
If you fancy something sweet in the morning, try our spread of just-baked croissants from the Seven Seeded Bakery and a variety of scrummy cakes and biscuits including Afghan cookies and cupcakes from Violet’s Cakes down the road. And we have free wi-fi too.
If you have any ideas or comments on the café, we’d love to hear from you. Email: Dom Prosser at email@example.com.
* Lido breakfast with organic oats, Greek yoghurt, fresh fruit and honey (great for healthy swimmers!)
* Raisin or sourdough toast with preserves
* Toasted banana bread
* Croissant with Lincolnshire cheddar and tomato or preserves
* Wilton’s crispy bacon bap with avocado and tomato sauce
* Avocado on sourdough toast with lemon and chilli (a Wilton Way cult classic)
* Grilled chorizo ciabatta, piquillo peppers and rocket
* Portobello mushrooms on garlic toast with rocket and goat’s cheese
* Fresh tomatoes on garlic toast with olive oil and goat’s cheese
* Lincolnshire Poacher cheese and sourdough sandwich with chutney, apple and salad
* Ginger Pig pork or pork and stilton sausage rolls with relish
* NEW! Smoked mackerel made with fresh horseradish and crème fraîche
* NEW! Eggs with fresh spinach on Hackney wild sourdough bread with mustard mayonnaise
Homemade iced tea
A selection of herbal tea
Fresh mint tea
Freshly squeezed orange juice
Chegworth Valley juices